NIDA’s core functions include Identification and Registration of Persons, Issuance and Management ID Cards, Management and Maintenance of Persons register, and Provision of Information from the register.
5.1 SENIOR STATISTICS OFFICER – READVERTISED (1 POSITION)
Reports to: Manager/Planning Research and Statistics
1.1.1 MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Design and implement surveys to collect statistical data for the use in business planning.
· Analyze statistical data and prepare reports to communicate results accurately and clearly to managers and employees.
· Develop and maintain a statistical database for use by organization and its employees
· Maintain and develop comprehensive and up to date knowledge of statistical techniques and development to ensure that any analysis carried out is based on the best and most up to date information and method.
· Develop and maintain contacts with external sources to ensure that the best possible information is gained and to provide effective advice to managers and staff.
· Represent the organization at external meetings and conferences on statistical issues, ensuring that a positive image of the organization is promoted.
· Maintain a comprehensive database of relevant economic information.
· Respond to enquiries from managers and relevant external bodies relating to statistical data in the organization and the sectors.
Holder of Masters Degree or Postgraduate Diploma in Statistics or Economics from a recognized University; computer literate with working experience in the area of statistical analysis for not less than seven years; Thorough knowledge on the issues concerning registration of population, Research and analysis skills and Good interpersonal skills.
- All applicants have to be Citizens of Tanzania
- Applicants have to attach current Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Applicants should observe the age limit indicated for each position.
- The title of the position applied for should be marked on the envelope; short of which will make the application invalid.
- Applicants have to attach their detailed certified copies of Academic certificates, one recent passport size picture and birth certificate.
- Applicants for senior positions currently employed in the public service should route their application letters through their respective employers.
- Applicants for entry levels currently employed in the Public Service should not apply, they have to adhere to Government Circular Na. CAC. 45/257/01/D/140 issued 30th November 2010.
- Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
- Testimonials Partial transcripts and results slips will not be accepted.
- This advert is also found in www.utumishi.go.tz and www.pmoralg.go.tz
- Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU)
- Dead line for application is , 24th May, 2011 at 3:30 p.m
- Application letters should be written in English and sent to the following address:
Public Service Recruitment Secretariat,
P.O. Box 63100,
DAR ES SALAAM.