1. DIRECTOR GENERAL
The Director General is the Chief Executive Officer of Tanzania Airports Authority and reports to the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Transport.
1.1 NATURE AND SCOPE
Tanzania Airports Authority is an Executive Agency of the Government established under the Agencies Act, No 30 of 1997. It was officially launched on 3rd December 1999.
1.1.1 LOCATION: Dar es Salaam
1.1.2 MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· To assume management responsibility for all services and activities of the Tanzania Airports Authority.
· To manage and participate in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and priorities for assigned programs including customer service, maintenance of airport equipment and facilities and infrastructure, and grounds security; determine appropriate service and staffing levels; and administer policies and procedures.
· To continuously monitor and evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery methods and procedures; assess and monitor work load, administrative and support systems, and internal reporting relationships; identify opportunities with the view to implement improvements.
· To develop and implement strategies for maintaining airport customer bases; design marketing outreach efforts; solicit suggestions from customers.
· To train, motivate and evaluate airport personnel; provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline and termination procedures.
· Provide timely, accurate and thorough performance review for supervised employees.
· To manage and participate in the development and administration of the Tanzania Airports Authority’s annual budget; direct the forecast of funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies; direct the monitoring of and approve expenditures; direct and implement adjustments as necessary.
· To plan, direct, coordinate and review the work plan for the Authority; meet with staff to identify and resolve problems; assign work activities, projects and programs; monitor work flow; review and evaluate work products, methods and procedures.
· To develop and implement airports capital improvement plans; coordinate all capital improvement planning with Government; prepare government/development partner grant requests for airport capital improvements, involvement of private sector and coordinate major expansion projects with Government.
· To develop an effective liaison strategy with airports tenant businesses to foster business growth; market the airports for enhanced business potential and ensure the development of a positive business climate for the airports.
1.1.3 QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Holder of bachelor's degree in engineering, aeronautics, business administration or economics from an accredited college or university.
· Posses at least ten (10) years experience in one or more field of engineering, aeronautics, airport management, civil aviation, business administration or economics including five (5) years in the senior management or administrative position.
· Has knowledge and experience of air transport sector.
· Possession of post graduate diploma or master’s degree in business administration or transport management and computer literacy will be added advantage.
1.1.4 GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE FOR THE POST
· Successful candidates will be appointed on a five-year contract period (after successful probation) which may be renewable.
· Competitive remuneration and other benefits as they may be approved by the Board from time to time.
· Other terms and conditions of service are as per the Authority’s Staff Benefit Package and as will be reviewed and promulgated from time to time.
The successful candidate will be offered remunerations commensurate with Tanzania Airports Authority’s remuneration schemes.
Must be between 45 and 53 years at the time of application.
- All applicants have to be Citizens of Tanzania
- Applicants have to attach current Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Applicants should observe the age limit indicated for each position.
- The title of the position applied for should be marked on the envelope; short of which will make the application invalid.
- Applicants have to attach their detailed certified copies of Academic certificates, one recent passport size picture and birth certificate.
- Applicants for senior positions currently employed in the public service should route their application letters through their respective employers.
- Applicants for entry levels currently employed in the Public Service should not apply, they have to adhere to Government Circular Na. CAC. 45/257/01/D/140 issued 30th November 2010.
- Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
- Testimonials Partial transcripts and results slips will not be accepted.
- This advert is also found in www.utumishi.go.tz and www.pmoralg.go.tz
- Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU)
- Dead line for application is , 24th May, 2011 at 3:30 p.m
- Application letters should be written in English and sent to the following address:
Public Service Recruitment Secretariat,
P.O. Box 63100,
DAR ES SALAAM.