The mandate and functions of the two institutions are now being assumed by FETA and are articulated in the National Fisheries Sector Policy and Strategy statements (1997), the Aquaculture development Strategy (2009) and The National Council for Technical Education Act of 1997. The main role of FETA is to assist the Ministry in provision of fisheries education and training in aquaculture, fisheries technologies and management, conduct applied research and consultancy in promoting sustainable development of fisheries and allied industries.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER – READVERTISED
DUTY STATION: FETA Headquarters, Mbegani Bagamoyo
The ideal candidate will be accountable to the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Livestock Development and Fisheries
NATURE AND SCOPE OF THE POSITION
The Chief Executive Officer shall be the Head of the Executive Agency and subject to overseeing implementation of Ministerial Policies
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Chief Executive Officer is responsible for managing FETA within the terms and conditions prescribed in the Framework Document of the Agency and the Executive Agencies Act Cap. 245 and its Regulations. The Chief Executive Officer shall be responsible for overall management of the Agency and specifically shall be responsible for:
- Day to day operations of the Executive Agency;
- Accounting officer of the Agency;
- Developing, rewarding and managing human resources; organization, control and discipline of the Agency’s employees;
- Preparations and submission of the Strategic and Business Plans of the Agency and associated budgets;
- Development and implementation of Agency’s plans , annual review , monitoring and evaluation;
- Undertaking performance reviews and evaluations of the Agency;
- Administering and enforcement of internal guidelines and regulations;
- Representing the Agency in local and international fora and other platforms;
- Monitoring and evaluation of the Agency’s performance; and
- Shall be the Secretary to the Ministerial Advisory Board (MAB) and spokes person of the Agency.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master degree in fisheries and aquaculture disciplines. Postgraduate Studies in Business Administration or Management Sciences will be an added advantage;
- Must be Computer literate;
- Fluent in both English and Swahili
- Minimum of ten (10) years experience in which five (5) years should be in managerial positions in education and training institutions.
- Source: Utumishi Website (www.utumishi.go.tz)
- Dead line for application is 11th June, 2012 at 3:30 p.m
- Application letters should be written in Swahili or English
- Application letters should be posted to the address below (Hand delivery is not acceptable):
Public Service Recruitment Secretariat
Dar es Salaam.